Friday, August 7, 2015

Are you really in Heaven?


Haddie Bo Bo,

I would have done anything, Haddie.  I would have chosen anything else than this.  I wouldn't think twice about sacrificing myself if I had been given the option.  Whether that means me instead of you, or a different type of life altering tragedy.  You did not deserve this, you were helpless.  You depended on others completely for your care and safety.  It is easy to say that I would take on any other tragedy because I have experienced the tragedy of losing you.  Of hearing those life shattering words, "Your daughter has passed."

Tomorrow I am attending a Bereaved Mom's Retreat put on by Starlight Ministries.  A friend signed me up with my permission.  This friend has also experienced the loss of a child.  I have many different feelings about attending this event.  I am nervous because I don't know what to expect.  Most of all I feel pissed that I fall into a category of "Bereaved Mom's". Why does this apply to me?  Again I find myself in this club that I never ever wanted to be in.  With that being said the club that I am in does offer so much support and love and understanding.  Some day down the road I might be that Mom offering support to a new member of the club.  Although I hope and pray that I never have to do that....odds are that I will.

Day 3 of potty training has proven successful.  We have had no accidents and we even went on an excursion to South Haven.  It is definitely a different experience carrying around a potty with you everywhere you go.  We have no shame.  Is it to early to say that I think this is it?!  I think we are out of diapers.  Which when I think about it I should still be buying diapers for you.  I would gladly go broke buying you diapers baby girl.  You will always be 9 months old and my precious Bo Bo.  Now with every new thing I experience with Elo comes the thought that I will never experience it with you.

For most of my life I have had this strong faith in God.  I would still say that is true.  But sometimes I find myself wondering are you really in heaven, Haddie?  Do I really believe that?  Or is this something we tell ourselves to make us feel better about life?  Am I a bad Christ Follower because I question that?  And even sometimes doubt that?  Losing you has really changed somethings.  I still pray.  I know in my heart that God is real and loves me.  But I am mad...MAD.  It's weird to be mad at God but still look to Him for comfort.  I saw a post on facebook the other day of a family.  I know that a picture on facebook doesn't always tell the whole story.  The caption on the photo was, "God is Good".  Reading that I felt cynical.  It's so easy to say "God is good" when things are perfect or going well.  It's hard to say "God is good" when your child is gone.  I do not fault this person for saying that and I am not trying to make anyone feel bad for posting whatever they post.  So please know that is not my intention.  It's more about me and where I am at not about the picture and the comment.  Living my life right now saying "God is good"  is hard.  But I know in my heart I believe it, but because I am mad I am not going to say it.  Because I am stubborn. Because I am not ready.  Because My God can handle my anger.  Because I believe He grieves with me so He is mad too.

I have said it before, but I thought my miscarriages would be our greatest tragedy of our lives.  I know this is a horrible thought so I shouldn't say it out loud, but anyone who knows me knows I say what I think 110% of the time.  But when you died, Haddie, I couldn't help but think really...can't it get spread out a little bit?  Don't get me wrong I would never wish this on anyone else.  But yes I am saying it, "Why me God?"  If I sound like I am whining, I am.  Why give us this beautiful baby girl who is sweet beyond words to take her away 9 months later?  I know that there are people out there who have a much worse story than mine.  But mine still hurts too and I think that it's ok if I have a whiny-woe's me day.

I love you baby....

Mama

2 comments:

  1. Its more than ok to be angry. You have every right to be angry, whiny, or whatever you want to be. Everyone handles there grief differently. My brother in law after his mom passed. He wouldn't stop laughing. He was laughing hysterically too.I think someone said something to him. My point is everyone handles grief differently. So whatever you are feeling is ok. Its normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its more than ok to be angry. You have every right to be angry, whiny, or whatever you want to be. Everyone handles there grief differently. My brother in law after his mom passed. He wouldn't stop laughing. He was laughing hysterically too.I think someone said something to him. My point is everyone handles grief differently. So whatever you are feeling is ok. Its normal.

    ReplyDelete