Friday, November 13, 2015

Grammy and You

Dear Haddie Bo Bo,

I don't really have much to say tonight just that I miss you so much baby girl.

Today Eloise and I went over to Grammy's house for dinner.  Tomorrow she leaves for Florida for the winter.  She has been doing this for the last 5 years or so.  Last year she went and we missed her.  But when she came back she couldn't believe how big you got.  She came back with hand made teddy bears for you and Eloise.  She also had made you guys your first matching sister outfits.  She came back early to watch you guys while Mama and Daddy went on a cruise.  Our first vacation without our girls.  This vacation was amazing and we made so many great memories.  But now I can't bear to even think of them because after we got back you were gone two short weeks later.  I wish that I never took that cruise because that would have been one more week I got to spend with you.  Grammy recently shared a story with me about you the week we were on the cruise.  Grammy said that she would have you and your sister race up the stairs to your rooms.  Elo would be at the top in moments.  You would climb the stairs a couple at a time and then stop, and turn around, and look at Grammy. You would give her your famous toothy grin.  Just to make sure she was still behind you.







Grammy leaves every year but this time it's harder.  Even though I don't see her everyday or call her everyday just knowing she is here is a comfort.  Grammy is the strongest woman I know and she is my hero.  I am so glad you got to spend that week with her before you left.  In a lot of ways you are just like Grammy.  You both don't love large groups of people you prefer one on one.  You both have blue eyes and white skin.  You both have changed my life forever.  You both have taught me so much about life and give me strength.  

Grammy is actually my Grandma she adopted me when I was 6 months old.  She had raised her kids and thought she was done raising kids....God had another plan.  When I was 5 her husband/my dad abandoned our family.  They had been married for 25 years and she had been a homemaker.  She had to go to school, get a job, and support us.  She worked hard to provide for us and I am so grateful for all the sacrifices she made for me.  We weren't rich but our needs were met.  Sometimes the age difference between us made somethings difficult but I wouldn't change my upbringing for anything.  Anytime I dealt with something hard I thought she didn't understand.  It took me awhile to realize that she did understand and lived through some of the hardest trials life could bring.  I would be nursing a broken heart and she was there for me, because she also had a broken heart.  When I had my miscarriages, she understood because she had also had a miscarriage at 5 months.  God put us together for a reason, we need each other.  

I love you baby girl.  Missing you tonight.

Love, 

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment